<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Palolem 

Imagine yourself a perfect day. Mine varies based on mood but mostly consists of sleep (not a single alarm clock in sight), good food, good weather, good books and good company. I seem to have found myself all of the above on Palolem beach.

Last night in a restaurant right on the beach we savored meaty prawns the size of golf balls slathered in garlic butter. We may just have seafood every night this week, the daily catch around here seems to always be lobster, prawns, kingfish and tuna, plenty to choose from.

I have a pet dog here too. She came up to me on the beach having just gone for a little swim and happily sat down to be pet. I named her Reema (after my childhood friend from across the parking lot) and shortly after she lay herself down between us on our blanket, much to my delight and Lee's dismay.

Palolem is lovely and is turning out to be the much needed rest from the rest of India. Certainly, there are Indian people here and they are as baffling as in the other parts but here we seem to co-exist with them rather then live at their mercy. We've both been smiling a lot more.

What will tomorrow entail? Perhaps a chocolate croissant for breakfast again? Will it be a Pepsi or a Limca with lunch? Maybe I'll finish reading The Godfather and move on to The Da Vinci Code?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com